About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Aubree! I'm a lover of all things beautiful, and I'm so excited to share that love with you! Follow me for fashion and makeup tips, tricks, hacks, and reviews!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 6, 2012

"Baby Tyson"

I just went in to check on Tyson, and as I looked at him, sleeping soundly, I couldn't help but smile. I love him so much. I know people always say that you never know true love until you have a child of your own, and I totally believe that with all my soul. As I walked out of his room, I decided that I wanted to brag about him a little bit. :)

I found out I was pregnant with Tyson the first week of August, 2011 (Almost a year ago! Holy smokes!). The only reason why I found out was because Robert kept hounding on me to take a test. I kept saying that I wasn't, but he insisted. He said that I was being super emotional. Psh. ;) I went into the bathroom, took the test, and as I washed my hands, I watched as a second pink line started to appear.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Tears filled my eyes as I opened the door. Robert was standing right there. I showed him the test and looked at him and said "I'm pregnant!!". I was shocked, excited, anxious, terrified, happy. It was so overwhelming. Robert tried not to get too excited, because he wanted to be completely sure, but I could tell in his eyes he was SO thrilled. We decided the next day I'd take another test to make sure.

Sure enough, the result was positive.



Reality started to sink in. I couldn't believe it! As many of you know, Tyson was kind of a... "surprise" child. We weren't really trying, but we weren't preventing it at the same time.

At our 8 week appointment, we sent up a time to have an ultrasound done to verify how far along I was. I was right on track at 9 weeks. Here's our first pictures of our monkey...


I had tears in my eyes as we watched out little baby move around, then we heard the heart beat. I LOST it. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen or heard in my life. It's really a baby in there!

At 15 weeks, we found out what we were having. I had a gutt feeling from the moment I found out that I was pregnant that it was going to be a boy. My intuition was right!...



Definitely a boy. :) The ultrasound tech kept joking that he was not shy and very proud of what he has! 

Overall, my pregnancy was extremely easy and very uneventful. I never had morning sickness, I didn't really show until I was about 25 weeks, I gained the weight I needed to gain, Tyson had a perfect heartbeat every check-up and was VERY active (I had a bruised rib to prove it.). He was head down at 30 weeks, and I was dilating continuously 36 weeks on. I got very spoiled. The only issue I had was I got super disgusting swollen ankles and feet around 32 weeks.

The day I had him was about as boring of a story as my pregnancy. The day before I was having braxton hicks all day long, but I thought nothing of it because I had those all the time. It was about 10 o'clock that night that I started to have some regular contractions. I kept timing them, and they were still about 5- 7 minutes apart and they weren't very strong. I decided to take a bath to see if it would help calm them down. It didn't. It was about 12 am when my contractions started to get 1-2 minutes apart, but they still weren't really painful, so I didn't know if we should head to the hospital or not. Robert called the hospital and they suggested that I take a bath. He told them that I did. They then said that we might as well come in and get checked out. 

So, we grabbed our hospital bag and jumped in the car, not expecting much. We were kind of planning on being sent home. 

We got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitor to track my contractions. By then, my contractions were only 45 seconds apart, and were starting to get annoying, but still not super painful. The nurse said that I wasn't dilating fast enough, so we'd probably be sent home. But when the doctor arrived, he looked at my charts and couldn't believe how close my contractions were, and said that we weren't going home without a baby. AHHHHH!! :)

I got an epidural right away (one of the best decisions of my life!) and I pretty much just sat in my bed, chomping on ice and playing Peggle. 
Here's me in the middle of labor:


Ha!

I was in labor for 10 hours, then it was time to push. I pushed for 15 minutes, and, at 10:56am, we welcomed Tyson to the world! 

Tyson James was 7 lbs, 10 oz, and 21" long.

And that's his story. Kind of boring, huh? I warned you... :) 

Tyson is now 3 month's old next week (!!!) and he is SUCH a good and happy baby. He has the sweetest personality and he loves to talk. When he actually starts to talk, he's never going to shut up. Haha! But I wouldn't have it any other way. :) I started him on a sleeping schedule around 6 weeks, and he now know's when it's bedtime, and he falls asleep  on his own. We're still trying to get the whole sleeping- through- the night thing down, but he's still a very good sleeper. He is a huge blessing in my life in more ways than you can imagine. He's made me so selfless, he's turned me into a faucet (I cry at everything!), and I would do anything for him. I can't believe I got so lucky and blessed to have the honor of having him as a part of our eternal family. And, he's pretty dang cute. ;) 






Ok. My bragging session's over. :)


2 comments:

  1. D.A.R.L.I.N.G., J.U.S.T. A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y. D.A.R.L.I.N.G.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you, Mrs. Haack! Dianne Whatcott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story is not boring! You guys sure do have a cute little guy. Wish Jordan and I could get to know you guys a little better. Robert is always part of the "stories from Lyman." :)

    ReplyDelete