About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Aubree! I'm a lover of all things beautiful, and I'm so excited to share that love with you! Follow me for fashion and makeup tips, tricks, hacks, and reviews!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Just For Starter's...

I decided to start a blog, I guess for fun, and also to keep family and friends updated with our lives. Robert and I both love to write, so this should be a fun project for the both of us.

Just a little about us...

 Robert and I met in Orem, Utah in the singles ward. I had been living there for about 6 months going to Cosmetology school. I never really saw Robert around or at church because he was working graveyards at the Stouffer's factory in Springville. Robert quit in October of 2010, and that was around the time that I officially met him. After we met, we saw eachother at FHE, church, and at a couple of game nights. He had definitely caught my attention.

One night, my friend Leah and I were sitting in the hot tub, and I remember looking at her and asking if she was into Robert. I remember her saying "Nah. Why?" and I said "I think I'm going to go after him...". I can still remember the look on her face. She was so excited and she didn't waste anytime hooking us up. She arranged for him to go with us to free pie night at Village Inn and then have just him and I  go over to his place to watch a movie. I was nervous, excited, anxious, and at the same time so calm about getting to know him more.

We got to his apartment and decided to watch Avatar. At some point I had fallen asleep (I'm famous for doing that), but I woke up just in time for the end. When it was over, we sat there and just talked. About anything and everything. It was so easy to talk to him. It felt like I had known him forever and we were just catching up. We literally stayed up all night talking, then we went to Ihop for breakfast. I can still remember that he got french toast and I got pumpkin praline pancakes. :)

And the rest is pretty much history. We were inseperable. I would go to school, come home and spend the rest of the night with him. He was all that I talked about at school. I'm sure I drove my friends nuts. :) I knew after that first night that he was the man I was going to spend my eternities with. It was scary that I knew so fast, but I could not wait.

We took things pretty fast compared to most people, but I never had a doubt in my mind. We officially dated for about 3 and a half weeks, got engaged on December 2nd, 2010, and we were sealed for time and all eternity on March 17th, 2011 in the Denver Colorado Temple. It was such a beautiful day and everything went perfectly.
                                                                       The proposal:

Our wedding day:

Right after we got married, we returned to Utah were we lived in an RV for a month. Let me tell ya, we got so much crap about that, but Robert and I always talk about how we wish we could live in it again! Things were so simple and we have so many funny memories. At the beginning of May, we moved to Lyman Wyoming for the summer where Rob and I worked to save up money for an apartment. We were both very fortunate to find jobs right away.

The first week of August we found out that I was pregnant. It was so bittersweet. I was terrified, but so excited. We took two at home tests then went to the doctor's to have another test done. They were all positive. We told all of our family right away and everyone was so excited. Our little bundle of joy was due on April 18th, 2012.

We then moved Back to Orem so that Robert could go back to school in September. We moved into an older four-plex that had it's issues, but we made it home. We lived there from September until April of 2012.

On April 11th, we welcomed Tyson James to the world. He's now 2 months old (Where those two months went, I don't know), and he is SUCH a joy in our lives. He already has a very funny personality and he makes us laugh everyday. I feel so spoiled sometimes because he's such a good baby. He's already sleeping through the night (I'm talking 9pm to 6:30am!!!) and he smile's and talk's all the time. He's very content. I'll have to post another blog sometime focusing just on him.


And that leaves us to where we're at right now. We now live in Eagle Mountain and we absolutely LOVE it here. Robert's working full time at Costco, and I recently quit my job to be a full-time stay at home mom. Rob and I have been married for about a year and a half, and it has been the best year and a half of my life. :)

                                      Our one year anniversary picture. I was 35 weeks pregnant.





1 comment:

  1. Aubree--LOVE THIS & you! So glad we could be there for Tyson's blessing--thank you! It was one of the most beautiful blessings I've ever witnessed...you are such a choice young woman...always were...love you! Dianne Whatcott

    ReplyDelete